Looking for a Book?
Reading aloud to children is the very best way to their love of reading. If you are looking for great new books to share or a holiday gift for someone special, check out the notable children’s book lists from the American Library Association here and the Bank Street College here. So many wonderful books to love!
Be sure to follow these parent tips from Bank Street College:
Tips for Parents
- Share your enjoyment of books with your child.
- Talk over your reading.
- Continue to read aloud to your child even after he or she reads independently.
- Encourage your child to choose a book to read aloud to someone else.
- Broaden your child’s horizons by helping to select from a wide range of subjects.
- Encourage your child to read whatever he or she enjoys even if it appears to you to be too easy or too hard.
- Let your child see your enjoyment of your own reading