The Benefits of Montessori
At its core, our Montessori approach respects the child as the center of the learning process.
Children are natural learners, and their curiosity is the engine of learning. Here, children have choice in their work and can follow their interests.
The Roots of Confidence
The first decade of life is the most important. Not only are children developing the intellectual skills they need for academic success, they are developing the patterns of independence, confidence and a relationship to the world that will forever influence who they are.
What We Do
At Evergreen, we provide each child with enriched experiences, paced to his or her level, that build the foundation for a lifetime of achievement and confidence.
- Montessori challenges children and sets high expectations.
- The Montessori materials give the child concrete impressions of abstract concepts.
- The approach promotes organization, focus as well as academics.
- The mixed-age class allows older children to be leaders and guide the younger children.
- Montessori is individualized. Children learn at-their-own pace without stress or competition.
- Children are treated with respect as unique individuals.
- Montessori teaches kindness, peacefulness, grace, and courtesy.
- Montessori children learn through their five senses.
- Montessori students study other cultures creating the foundation for global citizenship.