Our Toddler, Primary and Elementary programs meet the needs of children age two through third grade.
The Montessori philosophy is at the heart of everything we do.
Montessori is: Respect for the Learner
At its core, our Montessori approach respects the child as the center of the learning process. We believe that children are natural learners, and their curiosity is the engine of learning. Children have choice in their work and are empowered to pursue their interests.
The Roots of Confidence
The first decade of life is the most important. Not only are children developing the intellectual skills they need for academic success, they are developing the patterns of independence, confidence and a relationship to the world that will forever influence who they are. The Montessori approach emphasizes the development of confidence, independence and commitment to being a part of a classroom and school-wide community.
Montessori, Clearly Superior
At Evergreen, we provide each child with enriched experiences that build the foundation for a lifetime of growth.
- Montessori is individualized. Children learn at-their-own pace without stress or competition.
- Children are treated with respect as unique individuals.
- Montessori challenges children and sets high expectations.
- Montessori materials gives children concrete impressions of abstract concepts.
- Our approach promotes organization and focus as well as enriched academics.
- Mixed-age class allows older children to be leaders and guide the younger children.
- Montessori teaches kindness, peacefulness, grace, and courtesy.
- Montessori is multi-sensory. Lessons enable students learn through all modalities.
- The study of world culture creates the foundation for global citizenship.