At a Glance
Student:Teacher Ratio, 6:1
Average Class Size: 15
Average Years Teaching Experience:
Lead Teachers, 16
Years at Evergreen (all teachers), 8
48% children of color
19% Black/African American
10% Asian/Asian American
3.5% Middler Eastern
52% children of color
13% Black/African American
23% Asian/Asian American
Number of students: 87
Accreditations from leading educational organizations: 2 (AIMS & AMS)
Accreditation and Memberships
Memberships and Accreditation
Evergreen is dual-accredited by both the Association of Independent Maryland Schools (AIMS) and the American Montessori Society (AMS). Evergreen is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW). Evergreen participates in the Maryland Excels program for early education.
Evergreen adheres to AISGW recommendations for admission acceptance timelines.
Programs, Hours and ages served
- Toddlers (Age 2 to 3), Silver Spring and Rockville
- Primary (Age 3 to 6), Silver Spring and Rockville
- Elementary (Grades 1-3), Silver Spring only
- Extended Day and Enrichment
- Summer Programs
Hours Silver Spring
- Early Bird/AM Care: 8 AM - 8:30
- Half-Day Program: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Full-Day Program: 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Extended DayPM Care: 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Early Bird/AM Care: 7:30 AM - 9 AM
- Half-Day Program: 9 AM - 12:00 PM
- Full-Day Program: 9 AM - 3:00 PM
- Extended Day: 3:00 - 6:00 PM
Legal Status and Founding
Evergreen was founded as Cor Jesu Montessori in 1964.
Now, Evergreen School, Inc is a non-profit, educational institution recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3). Donations to the school may be tax deductable.
Last year, donors including parents, alumni parents, grandparents and friends contributed nearly $52,000 to support financial aid, teachers' professional development, and other enhancements to our programs.
The Forever Fund is Evergreen’s highest priority for annual giving. Tax-deductible contributions support the school’s current programs and operations.
Your gift will support the programs that directly benefit our students. It will enable us to enhance our academic offerings, support our teachers’ professional development, maintain our commitment to financial aid and support green initiatives. Gifts are unrestricted and go to the operating budget to help where they are most needed. As Evergreen School is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by tax laws. Consult your tax advisor for details.
Donations can be made online by visiting tinyurl.com/forever2022.
Evergreen admits students of any race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and national or ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs or other school-administered programs.
- Evergreen uses it's 2017 Thomas A-Type Activity bus for all field trips. The bus is equipped with five-point harnesses for student use. It is air conditioned.
Calendar and Special Events
Evergreen schedules 173 school days and two festival days (Fall Festival and Spring Festival) each year.
Special events, celebrations and other milestones take place each year including:
- New Parent Orientation
- Parent Assoication Fall Meeting/Pizza in the Pine Cone Park
- Fall Festival
- Back-to-School Night
- International Day
- Parent Classroom Observations and Conferences
- Winter Festival
- Winter Break
- Esteemed Elders' Day
- Spring Festival
- Step Up and Graduation
- ESPA End-of-Year Picnic, and more